When you use the Services, Company may collect three types of information:
(1) Personal Data. Personal Data is any information directly or indirectly relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual (“Personal Data”).
(2) Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information is information about your activities on or in connection with the Services that typically cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you or any identifiable individual or entity (“Aggregate Information”). For example, Aggregate Information includes information regarding the frequency of use of the Services, components of the Services most frequently accessed, and browser types used to access the Services.
The Company collects Personal Data when:
(1) you sign up for the Services
(2) You use certain features of the Services that require the collection of Personal Data in order for those features to function
(3) you voluntarily enter or upload Personal Data to or through the Services; and
(4) you communicate with the Company, whether through the Services or through another form of communication, such as e-mail, web chat, or telephone.
The Company collects Aggregate information resulting from your use of the Services.
The Company uses Personal Data we collect:
(1) to provide the Services
(2) to improve the features and functionality of the Services
(3) to communicate with you in response to any of your questions and requests
(4) to personalize and enhance your experience using the Services
(5) to administer and provide you with information about your account
(6) to prevent fraud and abuse of the Services
(7) to administer, operate and improve the Services and for internal business purposes
(8) to generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns
(9) To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale of transfer of some or all of our assets
(10) to provide relevant marketing and other information to you, but only if, and to the extent that, you have consented to us providing such marketing and other information to you in accordance with applicable laws. In such a case, we will provide an easy link to permit you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications.
In rare cases, the Company may be required, or may, acting in good faith, believe it is required, to share certain information with legal authorities. In such a case, the Company will provide only the minimum amount of information required and, unless prohibited by law, Company will notify you of the Personal Data it has provided. Such cases include:
(1) if required by law;
(2) to protect or defend itself, you, or others against legal liability or immediate danger; and
(3) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft.
The Company may share Personal Data with third party service providers as Company deems necessary for such third party service providers to perform their duties required for the Services to function. For example, the Services may utilize hosting providers. Such third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use Personal Data for any purposes other than to provide the services for which they have been retained to provide.
The Company does not sell or otherwise share Personal Data with unrelated third parties.
Where you are provided access to the Services under a client of the Company’s contract with the Company, the Company may disclose Personal Data with your company in relation to your use of the Services.
The Company uses Aggregate Information:
(1) to provide the Services
(2) to improve the Services
(3) to monitor and analyze usage of the Services
(4) to research, compile, and report on usage trends, user demographics, and user behaviors; and
(5) for other legitimate business purposes.
The Company may share Aggregate Information with its affiliates and certain third parties, such as investors, potential investors, and third party service providers we use to provide and facilitate the Services.
Aggregate Information is anonymized and does not have the capacity to be used to identify an individual. In other words, Company may share this information but no Personal Data will be disclosed to third parties.
The Website may contain links to third party websites operated by other people or companies. The Company is not responsible for those websites, and links to such websites are included solely for your convenience. Please review the privacy policies of such third party websites.
The Company takes appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Such measures include internal reviews of the Company’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Personal Data is stored.
The Company is both the data processor and the data controller for your Personal Data. This means that Company performs operations on Personal Data and controls your Personal Data. In the case where Company uses third party service providers with respect to your Personal Data, Company is the data controller and such third party is the data processor.
To the extent applicable, the Company will adhere to the requirements as outlined in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, commonly referred to as GDPR).
Company may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live.
You can ask the Company for copies of the data that it holds on you in its capacity as a controller. This right always applies but there may be some exceptions. You have the right to request that the Company updates, delete, or corrects this information as well. You can ask the Company to restrict processing of your information in some circumstances.
In the event that the Company may require certain financial information, such as credit card information, we will not share this financial information, other than the financial institutions involved in processing your payment. At all times, the Company will comply in all respects with applicable consumer protection laws.
You may have the right to access your Personal Data and require the Company to update, delete, or correct this information. If any part of your Personal Data, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number or other personal information is incorrect or has changed, you may update, correct or remove the relevant information by contacting the Company. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in the Company’s possession or control.
Uncommon Purpose Ventures Inc.
Attention: Privacy Team
3012 Murray Street, Unit A
Port Moody, BC V3H 1X2
Last Updated: January 25, 2023